This newly created role will join Pure’s established compliance practice in London, covering the EMEA region. We intend to evolve our team to a holistic regulatory governance practice, including risk (and its sub-verticals) and potentially into cyber security and emerging threats.
Our team consists of four experienced consultants, all of whom were hired with a track record delivering into the compliance and financial crime markets at their respective former employers. We have developed strong relationships within the following client groups;
• Corporate & investment banking – inclusive of tier 1 brands, and branches of smaller banks within AFB community
• Retail banking
• Asset management, private equity
The wider financial services team at Pure also allows for ease of access to further markets, including an array of clients across insurance, payments & money remittance, interdealer brokers and more.
Given the inherent links between the risk and compliance departments within these institutions, we have developed a network of CRO contacts, for whom we have delivered into for compliance hires. In order to maximise this potential – and likewise offer an experienced risk recruiter a strong initial platform – we are keen to build execution (and further origination) capability within risk.
• Responsible for the creation of Pure Search’s risk offering to the financial services sector, within the UK and across the region.
• Develop a credible market proposition across typical risk verticals - credit, market, operational, or other. In the process, ensure a strong personal brand within the risk market and contribution to the team’s wider perception and offering to the governance market.
• Build a sustainable revenue stream and develop strong line-manager relationships, working on a probable mixture of contingent and retained work.
• Leverage existing PSL relationships within ‘flow’ accounts.
• Develop additional client relationships with SME financial institutions.
• Over time - and if desired – grow headcount beneath you to enhance the coverage of the risk offering. (For example, Pure has reached market-leading status for risk search in Hong Kong, with an experienced team of 3). The role may include overseeing and mentoring a junior researcher, to support candidate supply.
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a risk desk; whether supporting an established risk business or alternatively having built a desk from scratch.
• It is expected you will be able to bring risk recruitment expertise and relationships (not withstanding covenants) with you.
• A proactive attitude towards building a business, growing our client reach and developing yourself to be at the forefront of your market.
Working at Pure:
• You will be joining a business that incisively leverages its networks and relationships across the various FS practices.
• We have a strong core client base in FS and professional services, which provides new hires with a helpful platform when transitioning across.
Sound like you?